Location & Arrival
Arriving by public transport
Arrival by train: From Mannheim train station you can walk to our Youth Hostel in about 5-10 minutes. Please take care to take the exit Lindenhof.
- Follow the sign Lindenhof
- Then follow the sign Victoriaturm
- Turn up the road and follow the street on the left hand side (first sign)
- then straight ahead (tram way line and Lindenhof-Place cross) and
- walk along the Rennshoferstraße
- until you finally reach the stairs which leads you to our youth hostel
For a detailed and pictured route plan from Mannheim train station please click here!
Rail service for DJH members
The Community Travel GmbH offers DJH members discounted RIT tickets for a return journey within Germany - this applies only in conjunction with stays in a hostel. School classes and groups can make use of this offer. You must carry confirmation of your booking with you when travelling.
Our partner can handle your enquiry via the booking hotline +49 4845 79 18 464 or www.anreise-jugendherberge.de. Payment must be made by direct debit. Tickets will be sent by post or online by e-mail. In the event of a cancellation, the ticket may be returned free of charge to the agency up to the first day of travel.
Arriving by bus/car
- From A6 leave on 27 Mannheimer Kreuz, on A656 direction Mannheim Mitte, Kreuz Neckarau direction Ludwigshafen (B37/36), after Fahrlachtunnel turn left on the fifth traffic light direction Lindenhof/Jugendherberge. Turn right in the first street, then next street left follow the street until a fork appears, there right down to the Rheinufer and then turn right. After ca. 200 m the youth hostel is on the right side.
- From A61 Leave on 60 Kreuz Ludwigshafen, and drive on the A650 direction Ludwigshafen, until you get to the B37, the drive over the Rhein (large bridge), keep right and use the B36 direction Schwetzingen/Heidelberg. Just take the first exit Lindenhof on the right away from the Bundesstraße, then first street right, second street left, follow the street, until a fork appears, there right down to the Rheinufer and then turn right. After ca. 200 m the youth hostel is on the right side.
Low emission zone Mannheim
From January 1st in 2013, a (green) EURO 4 Sticker is needed to get access to all existing low emission zones in Baden-Wuerttemberg. To avoid problems, please get your sticker before travelling to our Youth Hostel.